If you love spending time with the waves and sand, getting a beach tent will be one of your best investments. It provides UV protection, a cool shade, a semi-private space, comfort, and convenience. On top of that, you’ll have your very own “home base” by the shore for your family and friends.
But, where do you start in your search for the best beach tent? Don’t worry. We’ve scoured the market and reviewed the different products available for you. We’ve tried each one out and took note of their features, advantages, and drawbacks.
How Did We Pick the Best Beach Tents?
Most beach tents on the market have similar features. Some have better sizes or materials, while others have an easier setup or more stability, so it’s important that you’re familiar with the following:
- The fabric or material used for the beach tent, this can give you an idea of its design and quality. Once you go shopping, look for ones that have high-quality materials, like polyester and nylon. Polyester is the best option for UV protection, tough weather resistance, and durability. Tents made with UV-protecting nylon material are the best fit for groups or individuals who want something with a better strength-to-weight ratio, lower weight, and abrasion resistance.
- The size and measurements of your beach tent. This will depend on your family or group size, so be sure to know what your base amount of people is. Smaller pop-up tents are perfect for solo beach goers or couples with no children or pets, while larger ones can serve up to six people. So, when choosing a tent size, consider the number of people using it, the effort it takes to set it up, its sturdiness, and how you’ll move it if it’s weighty.
- Stability and sturdiness of the tent. You don’t want to chase after your beach tent when the weather turns windy, especially if you don’t have anybody else to look after your kids or things the tent left behind. Thus, choosing a tent with great stability is critical. Look for beach tents with stakes and large sand pockets, these will keep the tent on the ground and out of the air, even when strong winds are afoot.
- Easy setup and disassembly. From pop-up to foldables, there are several options to choose, but what’s most important here is that your can easily fold and transfer your tent from one location to another.
- Privacy. One of the cons of being on the shore is that it’s an open space. It’s not a great place for bikini accidents and confidentiality. Beach tents can give you that moment of privacy if you need to change clothes, fix a wardrobe malfunction and more. So, be sure that you pick the tent that can accommodate those situations.
When buying a beach tent, consider the factors we listed and use them as points of comparison for your every option. Now, let’s dig in to our list of the best beach tents!
The Best Beach Tent: Pacific Breeze XL Beach Tent
The best option among all the top beach tents we’ve seen is the Pacific Breeze Beach Tent.
- Watertight. The Pacific Breeze uses a breathable and water-repellent polyester material.
- Spacious. It’s large enough for four people and their items.
- Portable. It has a carrying tote that makes this 2.95-kilogram tent easy to carry around.
- Stable. Despite its lightweight design, the Pacific Breeze has four stakes and five sand pockets to keep the tent steady and stuck to the ground, no matter the weather.
- Breathable. It features three large windows for excellent ventilation.
- Expensive. The only drawback of the Pacific Breeze tent is its price. However, considering its quality materials, light build, and breezy design, investing in it is worth it if you visit the beach often.
The Pacific Breeze beach tent has two styles: the XL and XL with an Extendable Floor. The Pacific Breeze XL beach tent costs 79.99 USD. If you want the style with the extendable floor, the price is 94.99 USD.
The Affordable One: Oileus X-Large Beach Tent
Do you want to stay within your budget but without sacrificing durability? Get the Oileus X-Large beach tent.
- Sunlight Protection. It uses high-quality polyester material that provides UV protection. It also offers excellent sun protection with its awning feature.
- Roomy. The tent could fit two people comfortably.
- Lightweight. It has exceptional stability and a lightweight design, weighing only 2.1 kilograms.
- Durable. If you want a beach tent that can last you many years and survive the harshest beach weather, choose the Oileus X-Large beach tent. It uses quality materials and features eight stakes and six sand pockets for stability and durability.
- Size. The tent is only spacious enough for two or three people. It’s a great beach tent for couples. It’s not for you if you want something that a bigger family or group can enjoy.
The Oileus beach tent costs 64.99 USD on Amazon, making it a worthwhile product for pairs who love hanging out by the shoreline.
The Outlier: Sport Brella Umbrella
Do you want an umbrella that can also function like a beach tent? The Sport Brella Umbrella is the item you’re looking for. This two-in-one sun and rain protection tool can go beyond the beach. It’s also great for sporting events, camping trips, and backyard parties.
- Multi-purpose. It features two retractable side-flaps with windows that will transform the umbrella into a tent.
- Spacious. This tent-umbrella hybrid is large enough to fit 3-4 people.
- Watertight. The fabric is a water-repellent 50 UPF polyester canopy.
- Breathable. For ventilation, it features wind vents and side flaps.
- Stable. The materials used for the umbrella are alloy steel and metal for its frame and handle. Plus, the fabric has built-in pockets for stakes and tethers.
- Portable. It comes with a carry bag.
- No flooring. The Sports Brella lacks flooring, so you’d need to bring beach towels or mats for the trip.
- Heavy. Because it spans 8 feet, this umbrella tent is also heavier than others, weighing 4.2 kilograms.
- No pole screw or sand anchor. Because it lacks these items that’ll further glue it to the ground, it won’t be as sturdy as the previous products.
- Immovable. It also doesn’t tilt, keeping the tent umbrella stuck at one angle.
Its value of 59.09 USD is worth it if you consider the convenience and functionality of the product.
You now know how to pick the best beach tent worth its value and perfect for you. The Pacific Breeze is a good option if you want a highly durable, spacious, and stable beach tent. You can also find other superior beach tents at more affordable values, like the Oileus X-Large. If you want a beach tent that can turn into an umbrella, consider the Sports Brella.